We love Halloween and what better way to celebrate the day of the dead than with spicy chilli chocolate hearts inspired by the ancient Aztec and Mayan. They look so innocent and lovely no one will suspect the chilli kick surprise!
- 100g CHOC Chick organic cacao powder
- 6 tbsp CHOC Chick organic cacao butter
- 3-4 tsp Sweet Freedom, agave syrup, honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper chilli powder (taste and add a little more if required)
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- Heat-proof bowl sitting over a pan of water (Bain Marie)
- Metal balloon whisk
- Melt the cacao butter gently in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat.
- Once the cacao butter has melted add 6 tbsp cacao powder and sweeten with 3-4 tbsp your sweetener or choice (Sweet Freedom, agave syrup, honey or maple syrup) and add the vanilla and cayenne pepper
- Maintain on a low heat and mix well with a metal balloon whisk. Make sure to taste the mix and add some more sweetener and cayenne pepper if required.
- Remove from heat and carefully spoon the warm runny cocoa mixture into heart shaped ice cube trays or the mini baking cases
- Place the mould or mini cases in the freezer
For more information on CHOC Chick, visit www.chocchick.com