Pressels are based on classic pretzels:
pressed flat, flavoured with herbs, spices and seeds, and baked not fried. They are available in three delicious savoury flavours: Original, Sesame and Everything (see below). Eat them on their own, or dunk, spread or top them with your favourite dips, meats or pickles. Pressels have teamed up with Great British Bake Off contestant Cathryn Dresser to show you how.
Pressels canapé spread
• Pressels – all flavours.
• Smoked salmon, Waitrose cream cheese, lemon juice and
• Waitrose guacamole and pomegranate seeds.
• Waitrose salt beef, mustard & dill pickle.
• Chorizo and green olive.
1. Carefully and neatly top the Pressels – make sure the
toppings are roughly the same size as the Pressels.
2. Arrange in rows on a large wooden serving platter/board
or plate – or choose one or two varieties and serve as a
neat starter with some rocket, watercress, lambs lettuce
or other green salad or herb leaves.
Other topping suggestions:
• Mozzarella, basil leaf and sun blush tomato.
• Feta and watermelon.
• Fig and dolcelatte.
• Beetroot and goats cheese.
• Marinated herring and thinly sliced red onion.
• Waitrose hummus and cucumber.
• Make up your own…
Pressels Sharing Platter
• Waitrose dips: these could include guacamole, hummus, sour cream and
chive, tzatziki, taramasalata – or make your own (methods available at
contact details below).
• A selection of crudites; include Waitrose baby chicory – break the leaves
apart, Waitrose Essential cucumber and celery. You can also include baby
carrots, cut in half lengthways, and keeping the green tops.
1. Spoon the dips into small decorative bowls and arrange in the centre of a
large wooden serving board or large serving plate.
2. Arrange the vegetables along one half of the platter alternating colours
and sizes to make it look bright and exciting.
3. Put the three flavoured Pressels into dishes and set down the other side of
Mixed Sweet Canapes
Sweet Pressels canapé platter
Two of Pressels own ideas:
We topped Original Pressels with small teaspoonfuls of Carnation Caramel (you can also use dulce de leche) and topped with a generous curl of grated dark chocolate.
Lemon Curd and Mascarpone Pressels
Mix 100g mascarpone cheese (or essential Waitrose creamy soft cheese) with two tablespoons of lemon curd. Spoon onto Original Pressels and finish with finely grated lemon and lime zest.
For more info www.pressels.co.uk